Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tree Skirt

After I finished the stockings, I of course had have a matching quilted tree skirt. 
I used the tutorial from crazymomquilts and I love how it turned out. 
This is the only picture I had of it complete though before I packed it up after Christmas, but who minds a cute baby?

I had a lot of good scraps so I just started laying them out.
 Then making squares, 
 Then piecing the blocks, 
Then sewing it all together, 
 And the hardest part was cutting a hole in the middle of my quilt!
This was actually my first log cabin style quilt, so I can check that off my list!

3 comments:

  1. I wanna make one of these too. Yours turned out so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm terribly slow at checking out blogs, just like I am at finishing a project. :) It's fun to see this (even if it was last December!). Just wanted to say hi from Italy! Julie

    ReplyDelete